Regular walking produces many health benefits, including reducing our risk of heart disease, type 2 diabetes and depression. Best of all, it’s free, we can do it anywhere and, for most of us, it’s relatively easy to fit into our daily routines.
10 easy ways to get your 10,000 steps:
- Take your pet for a walk every day.
- Walk to the shops instead of driving.
- Take your meeting on the go, walking and talking is easy.
- Take quick walking breaks between work meetings.
- Download an app to monitor your progress. Tracking helps keep you motivated.
- Get a walking buddy - try and convert someone else to join you (can be remote too).
- Download a podcast and listen while you walk.
- Phone or face time a friend for a catch up while you walk.
- Nip out at lunch time or after dinner for a quick 15 minute stroll.
- Join a challenge at 10000steps.org.au
Aim to be active, not perfect!
Movement should feel good.
Something is a lot better than nothing.
Strive for progress, not perfection.